Disable OneNote activity notification emails
Somewhat recently, Microsoft automatically enabled notifications for all of my onenote notebooks. I was on vacation in Scarborough, Me recently, and the notification emails drove me nuts! It really is a nice idea, but as I am in my onenote all day, deleting emails saying “Here’s a summary of recent activity in your notebook” is not exactly how I want to spend my free time.
I also happen to have multiple onedrive accounts, so when I am working in my own shared OneNote, it appears like someone else is making changes.
The fix is very simple.
Part 1. Fix the problem.
- Click the update notification settings link at the bottom of one of those annoying emails.
- Disable / Enable notification for your desired OneNote Notebook, or disable them all.
Part 2. Prevent Future Outbreaks.
- Log in to your personal onedrive account (the one where the onenote notebook is located
- Go to options > Notifications
- Uncheck the box for “someone makes changes to files I shared”
ta-da, No more emails.